Eating healthy is possible and I will give you few tips that will help you choose and prepare healthier foods. They are as following:
• Choose canned fruits packed in water rather than syrup.
• Eat lower-fat cookies, such as graham crackers or fig bars.
• Go for non-hydrogenated peanut butter instead of hydrogenated peanut butter which will be solid at room temperature.
• Use reduced-calorie salad dressings on your salads like lemon juice and herb vinegar.
• Use mustard, ketchup, or low-fat mayonnaise on your sandwiches instead of regular mayonnaise.
• Eat water-packed rather than oil-packed tuna.
• Try low-sodium, low-fat crackers instead of regular crackers.
• Try whole-wheat or multigrain bread instead of white bread.
• Try whole-wheat tortillas instead of regular flour tortillas.
• Eat extra lean ground beef (5% fat) instead of regular ground beef (25% fat).
• Add vegetables like tomatoes, lettuce rather than cheese, to your sandwiches.
• Eat grilled, baked, broiled chicken without the skin instead of fried chicken.
• Try low-fat frozen yogurt instead of regular ice cream.
• Sprinkle slivered nuts or sunflower seeds on your salad.
• Prepare fish such as salmon or mackerel twice a week.
• Use canola oil when baking.
• Fry foods with a little bit of olive oil rather than butter, margarine, or lots of vegetable oil.
In any restaurant:
• Order for main dishes that are grilled, roasted, baked or broiled, instead of pan-fried or deep-fried.
• Request a salad dressing, sauce, or gravy on the side and use sparingly.
Never be scared to ask for special requests, like something be cooked with less fats.
When ordering a sandwich:
• Choose mustard instead of mayonnaise.
• Ask for rye bread or whole-grain bread.
• Add lettuce and tomato.
When Eating Chinese Outside
• Order a side dish of steamed broccoli.
• Have brown rice instead white rice.
At fast food places:
• Choose water or low-fat milk instead of regular soda.
• Order a grilled chicken sandwich.
• Order smaller burgers. Skip the cheese and processed meat.
At pizza places:
• Get salad with low-fat dressing instead of pizza slice.
• Ask for vegetable toppings, like peppers or mushrooms, rather than meat toppings.
• Request half the cheese.
• Order for whole-wheat crust.