We can’t prevent aging — but we can age optimally
Aging is actually the No.1 risk factor for a lot of things you don’t want to have. And we can’t prevent aging, we can do a lot to ensure that we age optimally. It means reducing the effects of the “Four Culprits of Aging” that systematically break down our bodies, damage our tissues and organs, age us from within and contribute to every degenerative disease known to humankind.
“The Four Culprits of Aging”
1. Sugar sends your “fat-storing” hormones (insulin) into over drive and contributes to aging and disease in multiple ways.
2. Stress causes the release of hormones (such as cortisol) which impair thinking and memory.
3. Inflammation is the starting point for heart disease and is a big factor in cancer, diabetes, obesity, dementia and Alzheimer’s.
4. Oxidation is damage from free radicals that can impact your sex life, the appearance of your skin and the condition of your brain.
Luckily, there are a number of steps we can take to reduce the damage.
• Exercise every day
Exercise for 30 to 45 minutes a day as simple as brisk walking has been shown reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, heart disease and depression.
• Include these supplements
1. CoQ10 is fuel for the heart.
2. Curcumin is an antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory.
3. Vitamin D benefits are unthinkable.
4. Magnesium helps relax blood vessel walls.
5. Omega-3s are anti-inflammatory and benefits the brain and heart.
• Include these four super foods
Take berries, dark chocolate, beans and nuts on heavy rotation in your diet. These super foods are amazing and causes innumerable anti-aging benefits.
• Take these three drinks
Green tea, pomegranate juice and the most important water. Green tea is anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-cancer and pro- weight loss! Israeli researchers call pomegranate juice a “Natural Viagra”. Drink-up! One study has proven that five or more glasses of water a day could help reduce the risk for heart disease by 53%, comparison with those drinking two or less a day.
• Reduce stress
Stress is the cause of every disease. It damage the brain and causes weight-gain. The best way to reduce stress is meditation. Even deep breathing for few minutes does the job!