My take on migraine:
The basic causes behind migraine are as followings
1. Gluten allergy: It is a special type of food allergy that causes lots of inflammation. As many people are sensitive to gluten (a protein) present in wheat, oats, barley, spelt and rye.
2. Food sensitivity: like diary, egg or peanut allergy. Which can occur and stop with simple inclusion or exclusion of the irritant.
3. Hormonal imbalances: migraine can be caused by imbalance of progesterone and estrogen—which can be triggered by stress, excessive consumption of starches, flour, sugar, and alcohol etc, and also due to lack of exercise and good sleep.
4. Melatonin imbalance: Latest studies have found that it can be linked to the poor sleep-cycle, which can be improved by melatonin.
5. Vitamin B deficiency: People who are deficient of riboflavin usually get migraines.
6. Massive magnesium (relaxation mineral) deficiency: It could trigger migraine and higher dose of magnesium could help it to treat.
So, remember not all migraines are caused by same reasons. To find what is causing your migraine, below are given some pointers for better identification and elimination of it.
1. Go for an elimination diet: Stay away from the food allergens.
2. Take magnesium. Go for 300 to 600 milligrams of magnesium glycinate, twice daily.
3. Get vitamin B2 (riboflavin): Take 400 milligrams daily. It will turn your urine yellow but don’t worry about it.
4. Balance hormones: To prevent premenstrual migraines, do exercise and cut sugar, alcohol, and caffeine, and take more plant based diet, especially from broccoli family, tofu and flax seeds as well as fruits and vegetables.
5. Take melatonin: It is proven to cure migraine. Take 1 or 2 milligrams at night.
Above listed are some of my suggestions on migraine which can be done at home to fix migraine, for more follow my blog and you can also visit my E clinic for further assistance.
Certified Health Coach / Nutrition Therapist,