Blood sugar is an important component of your blood chemistry profile. If the level of the blood sugar or glucose are at the right scale. You will feel happy, energetic, stress-free, and will have robust immune system. But if the balance made by different glands, and their hormones are upset, then you might experience abrupt blood glucose crash which entails with stress, depression, and all symptoms of hypoglycemia.
The roller coaster ride of blood sugar can be maintained by eating diet that is low in glycemic index (GI). Glycemic Index is a system that measure how quickly the food you take in, is absorbed, and converted into sugar in your body. Higher GI foods convert, and get absorbed faster than lower GI foods.
So, my point of this discussion is to make sure that your blood sugar is at a steady rate. Which can be done by eating following LOW GI FOODS.
- Apricots, and
- Apples, etc.
But it is sometimes harder to follow a strict Low GI diet due to various dining-out or travel reasons or just being bored with the same bland dietary routine.
In that case, I will give the following tips based on my experience, and research, that will help you lower the glycemic index of different foods you consume:
- I recommend you all to have some lemon juice, tomato juice or ACV-apple cider vinegar with each, and every meal if possible as it will drastically lower the sugar of that food.
- Go for slow cooked oats instead of instant oatmeal as it high on fiber.
- If you are eating red velvet cake or apple pie, make sure to eat protein with it in form of cottage cheese or whey protein. Protein will stop fat accumulation, and will slowdown the release of sugar from the cake or pie. Although it can’t negate the caloric effect of the bakery item you had.
- Cook your rice or pasta more firm. As it will give it a medium glycemic load because overcooking can increase the glycemic load of it.
- Steam cook or eat raw vegetables. Idea is to keep the fiber intact as fiber controls high blood sugar.
- Eat less ripe fruits. As over ripen ones will have more natural sugar.
- Choose sashimi sushi, instead of others with rice. Because they are high in sugar content.
- Choose salad over sandwich as two slices will be high on sugar-effect. Instead, go for a salad with a scoop of tuna, egg or chicken.
- If you are in mood of having pizza. Go for thin, whole-wheat crust pizza instead of white flour, thick crust pizzas. Same goes for chappatis choose whole-wheat chakki ka atta, and make thin chappatis.
- If you want to drink soup? Then make sure to go for lentils or beans soup as they low in glycemic load, and you can also add to it protein or fat in form of low fat cheese.
- Have berries or other antioxidants rich, one small square of dark chocolate as a dessert.
- Have apple with almond butter to increase protein, and fat content of your snack.
After learning the ways to lower the GI load of your foods. It’s important to know who can follow this pattern. Well, everyone must try to follow it as we all have blood sugar that we want to keep in balance to remain healthy, and happy!
Stay healthy, and happy!
P.S You can contact me on chat or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for your personalized diet plan.