Being a functional medicine expert, and integrative nutrition health coach. I get many clients in my online practice. Who are fed-up with anxiety disorder, and are taking psychiatric medications to improve their symptoms. The problem in this situation is that anxiety is not Xanax-deficiency disorder rather it’s more based on physiological conditions. It should be treated with viewing all mind, body, and spirit technicalities. Because people who take Xanax or other anxiety-reducing drugs might agree that it doesn’t help that much. So, the solution in better management of anxiety depends on changing life-style, and dietary habits. I will tell you how you can achieve that in my following lines written in this blog. So here goes:
Kiran’s Recommendations for Anxiety Management are:
- Keep Your Blood Sugar Level Maintained.
- Present standard diet, just keeps you on a blood sugar roller coaster. Simple drop in sugar causes anxiety to crop-up.
- So how anxiety crops up? Simple, when there is a crash in blood sugar, your body responds with stress. And stress hormones like adrenaline, and cortisol are secreted. In response the liver produces more blood sugar, so we can stay alive. Yes, we stay alive by this but on a heavy consequence. This hormonal stress response produced due to hypoglycemia, is very identical to the feeling of anxiety. Just by maintaining the blood sugar levels you can say good bye to anxiety for good.
So, how you can maintain it??
- Eat more protein and healthy fats (e.g., olive oil, coconut oil, butter and ghee from pasture-raised animals).
- Cut refined carbs, and sugar.
- Eat more good fats (like coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, and butter), and protein (organic, and free-range produce).
- Eat 5 times daily; 3 meals, and 2 snacks.
- Take 1 tbsp. coconut oil, in the morning, after, and before bedtime. It will keep your sugar level balanced.
- Keep ready snack always |(like dark chocolate, hard-boiled egg, nut, and nut butter).
2. Do Caffeine-Detox
- Anxiety and caffeine have bad relationship status together. It acts as stressor to your nervous system, the result is anxiety.
- If you are anxious throughout the day, then do caffeine detox.
- Yes. The idea of leaving caffeine might cause anxiety right now. But the gradual decrease, and the final elimination will not only improve the management of anxiety alone but will also help to increase energy levels, improve sleep quality, and will make you more tolerant to stress factors. So, from coffee to green tea to herbal teas. And you are home.
- And if you really want some kind of caffeine then green tea, in limits, is the okay caffeine.
3.Improve Sleep Quality.
- Sound sleep is the best, natural savior against anxiety. Lack of sleep makes us more vulnerable to anxiety.
So what you can do is:
- Even if you sleep well, but caffeine intake can reduce the quality of sleep.
- Sleep in a dark room. Wear eye mask or get blackout curtains to achieve this. Keep the house clean, and unplug the electronics before going to sleep.
- Cut or eliminate intake of caffeine
4. Improve Gut Health.
- Research has proven the relationship between our moods, and gut health.
- The friendly bacteria in our gut play a vital role in anxiety problems.
Kiran’s tips to help achieve healthy gut are:
- Remove the allergens:
- Diet: sugar, gluten, artificial sweeteners, industrial vegetable oils, and alcohol. (find your allergen, contact me to help you)
- Some medications: oral contraceptives, antibiotics, and antacids. (Self-medication is bad avoid it. There are always natural methods to deal with problem).
- Eat more fermented foods (like miso paste, sauerkraut, apple cider vinegar, etc) find your favorite.
- Eat starchy tubers (like white, and sweet potatoes, plantain etc.).
- Drink home-made bone broth, more.
- Supplements: Take a probiotic, glutamine and collagen supplementation (halal certified ones).
- Also squatty potty helps, along with meditation, yoga, acupuncture, going out in nature, and last but not the least good sleep in achieving good gut health. If you are suffering from any gut infection, get help from functional medicine practitioner like myself. I practice online so you can get help from anywhere from the world.
- Physical activity is best anti- anxiety medicine. Do mini workouts in living room or you can go out and walk regularly. Generally, stand more, and sit less. Plus, Tai Qi, and yoga are very good for anxiety but find your favorite exercise routine. I personally, like long walks better.
- Magnesium is a natural Xanax. Since most of our diet is deficient in magnesium owing to depleted soil. You can always supplement magnesium in a following ways:
- Either take an Epsom bath;
- Or apply topical magnesium gel;
- Or take chelated magnesium supplement (like magnesium glycinate).
Anxiety has a great impact on your overall well-being. But blood sugar maintenance, reduction in caffeine intake, proper sleep, good gut health, regular exercise, and intake of magnesium helps a great deal in anxiety management. If you don’t respond well to these then take help from the mental health provider.
YOU CAN NOW LIVE CHAT WITH KIRAN ZAHRA, AND GET HEALTH HELP DAILY!!! ON THE WEB ADDRESS BELOW:
FOR READERS IN PAKISTAN
PAYMENT METHOD ALSO INCLUDE
EASY PAISA DETAILS:
PHONE NO: 0345 3255255
ID NO: 42301-2853944-3
INTERNATIONAL CLIENTS PAYMENT METHOD INCLUDE:
ACCOUNT TITLE: SYED MUHAMMAD WAQAS HUSSAIN
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1014898864302
EMIRATES NBD BANK EGHQ EMIRATES GROUP DUBAI
BR CODE: 4135
Syeda Kiran Zahra Hussain
Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Certified Holistic Nutrition Therapist.
Certified Functional Medicine Expert
Published Health Writer