Today, I will share an easy recipe of granola, which can be used as cereal-replacement and is suitable for both my vegan and Paleo, followers.
My recipe for Gluten-free Granola (very easy to make)
- 4 cups nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews and macadamias)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried fruit (apricots and cranberries)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup seeds (sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (organic)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven at 300 Fahrenheit (150 Celcius) and line a baking tray with butter-paper .
- Add nuts to a blender and pulse a few times to chop the nuts. I suggest adding a cup at a time if you have a high speed blender, otherwise you may end up with more of a nut meal.
- Add the dried fruit, nuts, coconut, and seeds to a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, on low heat, melt some coconut oil; after removing the saucepan from flame, add maple syrup, keep on whisking till combined. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now mix well by pouring into the mixing bowl.
- Put the granola mixture on the baking tray and for approx. 30 minutes, bake it, tossing every 10 minutes.
- After removal from the oven, let it sit, till hardened, for 20 minutes. Break into chunks and enjoy on its own or with coconut or almond milk.
Syeda Kiran Zahra Hussain is a certified Health Coach IIN, U.S, Holistic Nutrition Therapist, SNHS, U.K, Food Investigator, Published Health Expert. She is a graduate of Psychology, Philosophy and English Literature. She was also nominated for “Full-Bright Scholarship Program,” from St. Joseph College for women. She is originally from Pakistan; but she stayed in Oman where she studied ahead to become “the First-Health Coach from the Sultanate.”
For E-Consultation: www.syedakiranz.zest.com
Follow Her on Fb: https://www.facebook.com/kiranzahra786
Omelet on a go! Your favorite breakfast in palm of your hand!
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 c of cheddar cheese
- one carrot
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 6 slices of salami
- half a small onion
- 6 slices of chicken salamis
- pepper, salt, and whatever other spices your family prefers (I used some smoked salt, turmeric and garlic powder.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees
- I have used silicone muffin pan, if yours is not silicone, opt for paper linings.
- I used food processor to shred the onions, carrots and potatoes, then put seasoning and mix them up well.
- Shred your cheese (if in a block form) in your food processor.
- Crack open the eggs in a bowl, and whisk them up.
- Cut the salamis into bite-sized pieces. Place the each muffin cup with a layer of salamis.
- First mix cheese and eggs together, then pour over the salami layer in the muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Place a handful of hashbrown shreds into the center of the egg mixture.
- Now the preparation is ready, to go to oven. Bake it for 45 minutes, it makes 9-12 muffins.
Let them cool, then enjoy. Omelets on a go, are a treat and they freeze well in fridge for about one week. You can make a weeks breakfast just in a single go!
By Syeda Kiran Zahra Hussain
• 3/4 cup honey (raw organic)
• 1/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
• 3 lemons (juiced)
• Put all the ingredients in a pot and keep it on medium flame until steaming.
• Now remove the pot and let it cool.
• Store this syrup in a mason jar with a tight lid.
• Keep it in fridge for 2 months or you can also keep it on the counter top for 1 months.
• Consume it as required in teaspoon or tablespoon.
• Stir and warm before consumption.
• Consume as soon as you feel a cold.
• Good remedy for allergies.