My recipe for Gluten-free Granola (very easy to make)
- 4 cups nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews and macadamias)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried fruit (apricots and cranberries)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup seeds (sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (organic)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven at 300 Fahrenheit (150 Celcius) and line a baking tray with butter-paper .
- Add nuts to a blender and pulse a few times to chop the nuts. I suggest adding a cup at a time if you have a high speed blender, otherwise you may end up with more of a nut meal.
- Add the dried fruit, nuts, coconut, and seeds to a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, on low heat, melt some coconut oil; after removing the saucepan from flame, add maple syrup, keep on whisking till combined. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now mix well by pouring into the mixing bowl.
- Put the granola mixture on the baking tray and for approx. 30 minutes, bake it, tossing every 10 minutes.
- After removal from the oven, let it sit, till hardened, for 20 minutes. Break into chunks and enjoy on its own or with coconut or almond milk.
Syeda Kiran Zahra Hussain is a certified Health Coach IIN, U.S, Holistic Nutrition Therapist, SNHS, U.K, Food Investigator, Published Health Expert. She is a graduate of Psychology, Philosophy and English Literature. She was also nominated for “Full-Bright Scholarship Program,” from St. Joseph College for women. She is originally from Pakistan; but she stayed in Oman where she studied ahead to become “the First-Health Coach from the Sultanate.”
For E-Consultation: www.syedakiranz.zest.com
Follow Her on Fb: https://www.facebook.com/kiranzahra786