Our bodies and minds are continuously processing thoughts, emotions, food, and drink. In our 100 miles-per-minute world, we can easily feel overwhelmed.
I’d advise you to take one day off every week or month to clear and stop the physical and mental strain.
Here are 5 tips on how to create a spa cleansing day at home:
1) Take a Technology Break
• Make it a low-tech day. Keep your computer, television, and cellphones turned off.
• Get a skipping rope
• Stretch at home
• Attend a yoga class in your neighborhood
• Go for a walk in the park and find a quiet place and try some meditation.
2) Try Tongue Scraping
Begin your cleansing day by scraping your tongue gently. According to Ayurveda, “ama” is tongue coating which reflects metabolic debris. Moreover, these tongue scrapers can be easily bought from a local pharmacy very cheaply and they are best to remove ama toxins and thick tongue coatings.
3) Take Special Care of Your Body
Do exfoliation by using a soft, natural bristle dry brush. It helps to eliminate dead skin and bad toxins via the skin. All you need is to use this brushing technique starting from the feet towards heart and stomach before taking a “contrast shower”.
“Contrast shower” is ideal to boost energy and blood circulation. Take bath with comfortably warm water for “3 minutes” followed by cold water by less than “1 minute”. This hot and cold cycle is repeated in the same sequence. For example:
3 minutes hot, 1 minutes cold, 3 minutes hot, 1 minute cold etc. Finish this bath with cold water.
4) Detox Your Body
• If you are coffee drinker, then simply replace green tea with coffee for that special cleansing day.
• Drink plenty of water.
• Ginger tea is an excellent cleansing tea add the juice of a lemon wedge and you are done especially for winter season.
• Prepare yourself a healthy alkaline cleansing broth to improve enzyme and cellular metabolism, general cleansing, and detox.
Alkaline Cleansing Broth Recipe:
• 1 zucchini (small in size)
• 2 cups organic potato peels (red-skinned in color, 1 inch thick)
• 3 cups celery stalk
• 2 cups broccoli heads
• 2 cups spinach
• 2 liters distilled water
• Cut all the veggies into small pieces.
• Put them in the water with the cover on and bring to a boil it.
• Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 25 minutes.
• Strain the broth and drink.
• This broth can be kept in fridge for 3 days and you can also make it in bulk and freeze it for later use.
5) Cleanse Your Mind
On your cleansing day, try to take steps to free yourself of the past worries and hurts that continue to live with you. Begin a personal ritual, like writing a letter (you don’t have to mail it!) to get out all your feelings. Or purchase a beautiful journal to give yourself a regular outlet for all your worries, regrets, and emotions. Don’t avoid these emotions. Harness them and move on as a smarter person.